A New Adventure A New Adventure

Heaps of potential

This isn't quite the worst MIDI thing I've heard. On the contrary, it's quite brilliant. Record this, bro. It'll be kickass!

I don't know if you've heard anything from Enter Shikari, but this song reminds me of how they kinda structure their songs.

You've done well with MIDI now, but maybe if you put the song through something like Reason (or any other commercial software, Reason is what I use at least) then you could make it sound awesome. Of course, if you could record it, that would be even better.

Keep up the good work!

shadowClint responds:

Thank you! Now that you mention it, it's really reminding me of the Enter Shikari build-ups. Generally every friend of mine liked this song when I showed it, so I figured it would work.

I will PM you now.

I'm A Dead Lion I'm A Dead Lion

Excellent!

I really like the vocals. I like that they're not perfect. It suits the style of the song. Plis, a song about African animal corpses doesn't need pitch-perfect vocals anyway :D

The lyrics made me laugh. Some of them are so silly, but some are very clever, and they all work beautifully in the context of the song and melody.

But I think that this song is very flat in terms of dynamics (which isn't neccesarily bad). It's just that the guitar doesnt change much at all. It does suit the song, but adding bass and simple percussion as the song goes on might make it more interesting to listen to and continue listening to. Shaker, bass drum and sidestick (and perhaps progressively to a normal snare strike) would make a nice comination, methinks.

But you've done VEERYY well. I really like this song. Keep it up bro!

warefish responds:

Cheers dude! I'm really glad you like it. :D

Most of the songs I post up here are rough demos. So the tips are always greatly apreciated!!

Thanks muchly!!

-Fish

Fly through the forest Fly through the forest

damn cool.

This is pretty neat. Kinda reminds me of disney or something of the sort. This sort of music has been done before, yes, but somehow you've made it unique and fresh!

Very easy to listen to; plus it'll take a long time to get annoyed at it, which is a very, very good thing for a loop.

Good work, I say!

Wildlife 'ambient LOOP' Wildlife 'ambient LOOP'

nice!

I love the atmosphere. I bet not many people would like this because it's too simple, but I like it because of this fact.

Nice work :D

landscapers1 responds:

I agree with you sir, let's see :)
thanks!

Relaxing. Relaxing.

pretty swish

I liked the beginning, that truely was relaxing, but around 0:27 something comes in, and it kinda ruins the rhythm of the quiet synths (at least in my opinion). I think you should expand on the beginning and/or make it into a loop. I would love to hear that :D

Good work! :3

Tix92 responds:

Thanks for the review =D il keep that in mind for the next one :P or when im going to change this one a bit :P

Venomous! Venomous!

quick somethin'?

Dude, how can you not be happy with that? you've done great!

I like the fact that there are musicians that can actually play this kind of music. Nice work, man.

Wahnsinn responds:

Haha thanks bro. I'm definitely pleased with its potential, I just think it needs some cleaning :D Appreciate the review man!

It's Dawn It's Dawn

neato!

Have you heard of a guy named Clint Mansell? The guy who did Lux Aterna (from Requiem for a Dream)? Well, it reminded me of his music. I reckon you'd like his compositions. They're powerful, yet easy to just listen to, just like this here song.

This is full of emotion. You did really good here!

Good work!

Fall Fall

Professional. DUUUDE!

Seriously, this sounds like it should be on the radio, it's that good.

What I love about this is that not only are your lyrics great, you've also chosen great melodies for the phrases; the way you've delivered those lines is awesome.

Especially the line 'everybody falls once, before falling once again'. When I heard that line, I got chills.

You also have a great voice. It's not too 'in-your-face' and it's nice to listen to. Although there are a lot of people that would prefer a more powerful, 'booming' voice, I think that it's great that people such as yourself can have a unique sounding voice and make such great music with it.

Great work!

Cayler responds:

Thanks, I'm glad when people say they like my voice because I also feel like I should be more loud and booming, but I sing more naturally and emotionally with a softer voice. I've managed in a few cases to be more powerful with my voice but usually I prefer to just stick to the softer stuff.

Alone.. Alone..

Pretty bloody good

The whole thing sounds great, overall. I'm glad some people know how to write a heavy song on newgrounds. I mean, from the start, you know you're in for some great metal!

Really nice, juicy double kick/guitar thingo's. Sure they're generic, but you did well to pick the best rhythyms. And generic is definitely not a bad thing when it comes to this song :D

Question: Is all of this real recordings? I can't tell with the drums, and sometimes the guitar sounds a bit... odd (maybe it's the slight clipping though)

What I really wanted to hear in this song was for it to 'slow down' for a bit; it never really stops being fast paced and in your face. I just wanted a few bars of rest, if you know what I mean. It makes it a tad repetitive to listen to. But only a tad!

I would really love to hear this song without the clipping guitars. It's not that big a deal, it's just kind of a bit disappointing, considering you have some great rffs in there. I really wanna be able to hear it all :)

All in all, a friggin' sweet song. Thanks for writing such a neat song so that I could actually review and have something to say about it!

Keep it up!

Wahnsinn responds:

Well I'm glad you enjoyed it overall :)

Nah it's all recorded. The drums are MIDI programmed. This guitar clipping issue is pretty tough with such a small budget, but I'm doing my best to eradicate it :)

Yeah I considered putting a slow section in there, but I really wanted to create a paradox between happy emotions and brutal music. A lot of soft sections feel kinda sad, and a lot of upbeat soft sections feel folky. I wanted this to be purely metal and purely positive :D

The guitars are very precisely edited so they sound a little fake at times. I really wanted to convey the varying time signatures and make it a bit mathematic and I couldn't mute it fast enough to do this without editing it. There's too much gain on my guitar tone :D

Thanks for the long review! :D

Loopdedooparoo! Loopdedooparoo!

Nice start...

This is a good foundation for a could-be snazzy song, but I dont think that there's enough in it. There is only one melodic line, and I can see the great potential for awesome harmonies and whatnot.

Other than that, good solid work there! :)

IdiotPotato responds:

Hey thank you! I do agree, though. I would like to add on.
Snazzy indeed!